Grad Student....

Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 1 comments -

Well I will start this blog like this I will attain my masters degree from the MAS program at IUPUI. In the meantime....WOW! This is going to be a real challenging semester and I have just gotten started. Realistically though I understand that this is supposed to challenging why well if it was easy than everyone would do it...something like that. Anyhow My N501 class is going to be awesome even though that will be my most media producing class I believe as of now. N503 and N480 will challenge me in a more analytical way that will battle my intellectual thoughts and ideas. In a nutshell all my classes are graduate level courses and I am witnessing this first hand and even though I write about the challenge I am very excited to be in this position.
On the flipside, I will be starting my graduate assistantship soon and that will also become a challenge for me that will correspond of being a graduate student. As of now I will be a mentor to the undergraduate students in Media Arts & Science and help them through the trials and tribulations of being a student in a project based program. In additional I will be conducting after school mentoring and classes to high school students at New Tech high school. This is exciting and little nervous as well. I have mentored, I have taught, and I have been in similar position before. Although this experience will be a challenge because it will be outside of my environment of college level students. So I can be nervous just on the fact I don't know where there level and heads are being high school students. I could walk in and they would be like, " he's wack! we're not going to learn anything" LOL maybe not that harsh.
Anyhow this semester is well on its way and I am ready for it actually I am late......

There has been 1 Responses to “Grad Student....”

  1. Musings of an Army Brat says:

    Seems like you are doing well Freddy. I think you will do great with mentoring high school students. I taught a few high school classes and I learned that as long as you can keep them engaged in what you are teaching they respond well...but that also could have been because I was teaching an all-male class...LOL. Best of luck to you in your endeavors :-)

Leave a Reply